When do rental showings begin?
End of Fall Quarter. A 24 hour notice is needed for tenants.
When can I see a unit that is listed?
Please call the office and schedule an appointment. We ask that you do not visit the place without our representation.
Is there an application fee?
No, but a Limited Guarantor is required
What are the steps if I decide to rent an apartment?
A. To complete the rental agreement:
B. Upon signing of the Lease a deposit will be made to secure the apartment until the Lease term begins. At this time the deposit becomes a Security Deposit.*
- Applicants must be of legal age
- Complete rental application
- Any false statement made on the application will result in denial of the application, or later cancellation of Lease
- Present a valid driver’s license or two other forms of identification
- Each person on the Lease must obtain a Limited Guarantor. This is due upon signing of the Lease. Exception: International students must also pay last month’s rent and 1.5 times deposit.
- Read and sign the Lease agreement and addendums
- Current tenants who would like to renew with Pettit Properties must be current with their rent, charges, water bill and paperwork
- Pay the full deposit (equivalent to one month’s rent). Half of the deposit is due at the signing of the Lease and the second half is due 2 weeks after signing the Lease, if the Lease is signed before May 31.
- If a roommate is out of town, their paperwork must be completed within two weeks of starting the Leasing process
- The unit can be put back on the rental market if the above items are not completed within two weeks. $200 of the deposit will not be refunded if the unit is put back on the rental market
C. Maximum Occupancy of an apartment is the number bedrooms plus one
D. Electronic Signatures (such as those by Fax) are considered valid by Pettit Properties and the Tenant for signing of the Lease, Addendum, and any other documents between Pettit and Tenant
E. Pettit Rental Policy: There are times when more than one group is interested in an apartment. The first group to complete the items above will be given preference.
F. Pettit Properties is an EQUAL OPPORUNITY HOUSING PROVIDER. Questions should be directed to Bobbie Jo Pettit at 614-374-1576
Are pets allowed?
How much are utilities?
Please call the utility companies and they will give an average for the last year.
Is parking available?
Yes, all of our buildings have parking. Some buildings have enough parking for all residents and other buildings have limited space.
When does the Lease begin?
The beginning of September. The lease is 12 months.
How much is the deposit?
The deposit is equal to one months rent.
Are the properties located close to the OSU campus?
All of the properties are walking distance to campus.
I am over 21, do I need a Limited Guarantor (co-sign)?
Yes, ALL tenants need a Limited Guarantor (co-sign).
Where is the rental office located?
The office is located at 6811 Paul Road in Westerville. CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS.
Can the rent be mailed to the office in Westerville?
My parents would like to read the lease before I sign, can I have a copy?
A copy of the lease is located under Lease Agreement on this webpage.
Who takes care of maintenance?
We have a full time maintenance man who works Monday through Friday 8 to 4:30. We are available on weekends and evenings for emergencies.
Are utilities included in the rent?
When is rent due?
Rent is due on the first of each month. It is late after the fifth, late fee of 5% of the entire rent will be charged on the 5th and on the 10th if rent is not received yet.
Can the deposit be used as last month's rent?
Are there appliances?
Yes, refrigerator, stove, dishwasher.
Are there laundry facilities available?
Yes, each apartment has a washer and dryer.
Units with 7 or more bedrooms, have coin operated washer/dryers